24th September 2020…. Kenya Power has commenced the relocation of power lines between Mlolongo, Mombasa road and James Gichuru road to pave way for construction of the 27.1-kilometer-long Nairobi Expressway.
Nairobi, 21st December, 2018………Kenya Power will deepen engagements with electricity sector players in seeking to harmonise and adopt an optimal generation expansion programme for the medium term.
Nairobi, Thursday 24th May 2018......Kenya Power is in the process of blacklisting contractors for various projects for substandard work, failure to submit proper documentation and in certain cases interfering with the tendering process.
Nairobi, April 12th 2018……. Kenya Power has renewed its commitment to partner with the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) to carry out regular energy audits among manufacturers to maximise production efficiency.
Nairobi, March 15th 2018……. Kenya Power yesterday launched Operation Ondokea Laini which will entails the demolition of illegal structures that have encroached on its wayleaves in Nairobi. Operation Ondokea Laini is being carried out under the auspices of the Multi-Sectoral Consultative Committee on Unsafe Structures constituted by the government to minimize fatalities caused by collapsed buildings.
CLARIFICATION NO.3 - TENDER NO. KP1/6D.4/.PT/1/17 FOR PROCUREMENT OF PLANT SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISIONING OF 550KW SOLAR PLANT – KENYA ELECTRICITY EXPANSION PROJECT (KEEP).
APPENDIX NO I & 2 TO ADDENDUM FOR TENDER NO. KP1/6D.4/PT/1/17/A01 FOR PROCUREMENT OF PLANT SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISIONING OF 550Kw LODWAR SOLAR PLANT
- APPENDIX 1 (LOAD PROFILE DATA SHEET) TO ADDENDUM NO 1 FOR TENDER NO. KP1/6D.4/PT/1/17/A01 - FOR PROCUREMENT OF PLANT SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF 550KW SOLAR PLANT (KENYA ELECTRICITY EXPANSION PROJECT - KEEP).
- APPENDIX 2 ( SPECIFICATION FOR 11KV VACUUM AUTOMATIC RECLOSERS (POLE MOUNTED) TO ADDENDUM NO.1 FOR TENDER NO. KP1/6D.4/PT/1/17/A01 - FOR PROCUREMENT OF PLANT SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF 550KW SOLAR PLANT (KENYA ELECTRICITY EXPANSION PROJECT - KEEP).
- SPECIFICATIONS FOR TRANSFORMERS FOR TENDER NO. KP1/6D.4/PT/1/17/A01 - FOR PROCUREMENT OF PLANT SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF 550KW SOLAR PLANT (KENYA ELECTRICITY EXPANSION PROJECT - KEEP).
Nairobi, June 19, 2017…..Kenya Power is targeting to bring down the timeline for connecting new commercial customers to less than two months.
Procurement of Plant Supply, Installation & Commissioning of 550kW Solar Plant - Kenya Electricity Expansion Project - ICB No. KP1/6D.4/PT/1/17
- Always engage a licensed electrician and avoid quacks…a list of licensed electricians can be found on the epra website on www.epra.go.ke
- Ensure that your power supply is legally supplied by kenya power, the only licensed distributour of electricity in the country.
- Ensure that your buildings, structures or operations are not under or very near power lines.
- Do not touch, drive over or try to remove fallen power lines, electricity poles or conductors. If you come across fallen power lines call 97771 or dial *977#, or contact your local police station.
- Take care when cutting trees near power lines. Contact the nearest kenya power office before doing so. In addition, do not plant trees under power lines.
- Have your electric fence installed and maintained by qualified personnel.
- Keep off transformers and power supply cables. If you notice anyone attempting to vandalise a transformer or tamper with cables call 97771 or report to your nearest police station.
- Ensure that metallic clothing lines and tv ariels do not come into contact with energised power lines.
- Watch out for children playing with electrical appliances or playing near transformers including flying kites near power supplies.
- Do not touch electrical components with wet hands.
- Do not overload sockets.