Use this form to request for a re-allocation of M-PESA/Airtel to a different meter.
Once the new prepaid meter is installed, will the Kenya Power technicians still come to read my meter?
If I have an overdue bill, will my electricity be shut off when the technician comes to install the new meter?
Yes, your electricity will be shut off (disconnected) when your credit runs out. However, the meter will give a warning when the credit falls below 20Kwhrs. When faced with this situation it is advisable to top up your credit so as to avoid disconnection.
You may obtain credit from existing Kenya Power pay points e.g. Electricity House and Stima Plaza, plus other 3rd party vendors such as Uchumi, Airtel and Safaricom (M-PESA) so as to improve purchase convenience to the customer.
In case of a disconnection, you can refill the service without paying an additional deposit. It also enables you manage your power consumption.
A customer purchases electricity token and credit units to his meter by typing a given code on the meter’s customer interface unit screen. As the customer uses electricity, his/her credit balance is reduced each day until the units are exhausted prompting the customer to top it up.
From units consumed each month. These units are recorded by an electricity meter installed at a customers premises. There are bye-laws which specify the applicable tarrif and rate per unit. Specific government levies like Value Added Tax (VAT) and Rural Electrification Fund (REF) are applicable.
When our meter readers fail to get access to the meter. This is usually because the gate to the premises is locked.
You can query your bill at any of our banking halls around the country. Please confirmed your current meter readings (simply take the reading from the meter installed in your premises). This will give any our staff assisting you an idea of just how much power you have consumed.
You can also check your bill using the link provided on our website.
At any Kenya Power banking hall or paying point. (Cheque deposit boxes are also available at specific points).
- Co-operative Bank branches in Nairobi.
- Standard Chartered Bank ATM machines (for Standard Bank customers).
- All Barclays Bank branches
- All Postbank branches (Suspended)
- All Post Offices in Kenya
The due date is indicated on the top right hand corner of each bill. However, where it says see below, it means your bill is overdue and can be disconnected without further notice.
We have upgraded our Customer Management System. The system will result to new account numbers which will be communicated to each customer via SMS. The system is state of the art, versatile, with robust web-based and mobile applications aimed at enhancing customer services and experience, by improving service delivery, with the following benefits:
• Immediate update of bill payments. This is a departure from the past where payments through our third party EasyPay partners would take over 24 hours to be captured and reflected in the system.
• Introduction of new bill payment channels such as use of credit and debit cards. This will be in addition to already existing EasyPay partners.
• Introduction of Self-service modules where customers can apply for electricity connection, query bills, check statements, download and print bill statements, check consumption patterns/trends, lodge queries on power supply among others.
• Improve response time as customers can report incidents through the new system.
Can I get my bill from a KPLC customer service office?
Please use the new system at https://selfservice.kplc.co.ke/ to get your bill.