Kenya Power staff electrocuted in Kisumu

Nairobi, September 23, 2016………At around 8 O’clock last night, one Kenya Power staff died while another was injured after they were electrocuted while repairing a fault on a transformer in the outskirts of Kisumu town.

The injured employee is stable and recovering at Avenue Hospital, Kisumu. The two were among a team of three engaged in a normal repair work on an isolated line.

Investigations on the incident are ongoing and we will issue subsequent updates. The company regrets the occurrence and will do everything possible to support the affected families.

For more information, contact:

Kenya Power Corporate Communications Dept.

Tel. 3201622/30 or/47